Last year, I made a promise to myself – a commitment to find moments of gratitude and celebration, no matter what the year had in store for us. Today, I stand by that promise, especially as I look back on the profound global events that have taken place over the past 12 months.
If I had to choose a theme for 2023, it would undoubtedly be the power of innovation and growth. Not only for us, but just as importantly for our customers and the consumers they serve.
Navigating change is no small feat, especially in an industry as complex as communications. As one team we are now stronger, more agile, and more innovative than ever before. In a heightened competitive environment, the need to improve top-line growth and do it more efficiently is a challenge nearly every operator around the world is grappling with. We are dedicated to providing independent, granular, real-world insights into the link between users’ network experience and operators’ subscriber growth. This commitment is the cornerstone of our business, playing a crucial role in driving commercial success for our customers.
As a bigger and broader global team in 2023, we:
- Broadened our analytics to report on users’ fixed broadband experience in over a dozen countries, and explored the impact of newer technologies such as FTTH and FWA.
- Because all network experience is local experience, we enhanced our mobile network analytics capabilities with published reports on subscribers' experience on a local level. We explored how operators can leverage their local strengths to improve market shares (see our analyses on Italy and Malaysia) and we reported on experience in key locations including airports and sporting events like the F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix track.
- Published a first-of-its-kind analysis on how poor connectivity directly affects app revenues.
- Analyzed disparities in roaming experience, and dived into energy-saving practices implemented by operators.
- Forged new alliances and reinforced existing governmental partnerships, exemplified by collaborations with Anatel, Ofcom, and the OECD.
- Participated in over 15 leading industry events including Mobile World Congress, GITEX and the Canadian Telecom Summit.
Each accomplishment has been a testament to the collective efforts of our team and the unwavering support of our customers and partners.
At Opensignal, we don't ride the waves of success; we sculpt them. Committed to building on the momentum we've gained, we are poised to explore new frontiers in mobile and broadband network analytics, empowering individuals and organizations with the insights needed to make better, data-driven informed decisions and drive commercial success. The journey ahead is exciting, and I am confident that Opensignal will continue to play an integral part in shaping the future of connectivity in 2024 and beyond.
Opensignal Limited retains ownership of this insight including all intellectual property rights, data, content, graphs & analysis. Reports and insights produced by Opensignal Limited may not be quoted, reproduced, distributed, published for any commercial purpose (including use in advertisements or other promotional content) without prior written consent. Journalists are encouraged to quote information included in Opensignal reports and insights provided they include clear source attribution. For more information, contact [email protected].